- Age / Gender:
- 29, Male
- Lost in a Nintendo 64
- All Stats >
Death rides for you! And he will have his prize!
- Community Stats
Level 13 Game Developer
Ranked as Town Watch
Contact Info / Websites
My first flash game, Old Mario Bros, has been taken off of Newgrounds. Wade has informed me that over 500 Mario games have been removed due to a legal complaint from Nintendo. I don't need to elaborate how pointless this is from every perspective of everyone involved except the lawyers; it sucks, but that's life. You can probably still find many of these games through search engines and more obscure web sites.
I know I habitually delete every post I make due to some personality disorder or insecurity issue. I'll try to work on that.
I'm working on making Sanguine 2, which has proven difficult. Folks reading this probably don't know anything about what i'm doing with the game, so let me spout off a little:
- Movement is fluid compared to the stiffness of the first game. Eleanor is more horizontal overall and controls close to Mario in Super Mario World. This also opens the game up to more platforming elements in levels.
- The Camera is never vertically AND horizontally locked to the character (ex: Contra). This gives the player more vision of the playable game space and is a tad less disorienting. It's also more work for me to program it as it changes through a level.
- Eleanor can attack in the air. The air attack has considerable delay, making it twice the delay of her ground attack.
- Eleanor can throw people.
- Blood is measured in 3 capsules rather than a bar, and doesn't degenerate. In addition to the simplicity factor, it's mainly to give clairvoyance to the player... everything in the game hits for 1 capsule, so you always know how many hits you can take. Humans tend to shoot more than one bullet, though. Elly is still slower without blood, but it isn't as bad.
- The game combines both humans and monsters as enemies. You sneak up on humans but just bash through monster hordes, giving the game a stealthy side and an action side.
- The game will have a top-down overworld that improves on what I did with Old Mario Bros. The game will have 3 worlds with a minimum of 15 levels.
- The game will be brighter and more colorful, overall.
Finding music themed for a nightmare stalking and killing people, while being catchy, is impossible.
Unfortunately, I don't see the game being done anytime soon. I predict summer next year, but that's kind of optimistic. I do want to have some Newgrounders test the game when I get world 1 wrapped up to get some feedback.
I've done some sketches of Eleanor, but gave up on them for one reason or another. If you've read this far, you can see this one here where I was going for a more scarey version of her. But I realized it was exactly like Bowser from Smash Bros and stopped.
Happy gaming folks!
Recent Game Medals
Total Medals Earned: 276 (From 89 different games.)